At My Future Pathway, we put students on a track toward life after high school. No matter the age, we assist in a variety of college planning and preparation. Whether you are an 8th grade student just beginning, a senior in high school starting out late, or a college student looking to transfer, we are ready to help.
After our initial 2-hour planning meeting, we will have strategies in place ready to be implemented.
The items listed below are just some of the services we offer.
- Developing a High School Course Plan
Academic Support and Test Prep
- Arranging Academic Tutoring/SAT/ACT Tutors to support and prepare for import AP, Regents, and College Entrance Exams.
Internships, Summer Programming, and Job Shadowing
- Get first hand experience through a variety of programs that will provide insight on future careers.
- A thorough review and evaluation of the student’s academic and extracurricular background including transcripts, projected courses, and talents is accomplished
- Successes, endeavors, achievements and methods to emphasize the student’s strengths
- Students explore and learn about various college programs
- Preliminary college lists are drafted
- Interests, achievements and selection factors are carefully matched with appropriate universities until a final college list is formulated
- Guidance and instruction is provided with regard to researching colleges on the internet
- Individualized work plans and specific apply timelines are created to ensure that all applications and supporting materials are completed ahead of college application deadlines
College Essays and Personal Statements:
- Assist in writing college essays that stand out
- Brainstorm college essay topics, develop college essay ideas and make revisions
- Provide detailed suggestions for content, vocabulary and correct structure
- Emphasize the student’s own voice and reveal the strength of character
- Discuss intent of essay prompts and how to best answer questions
- The completed list of extracurricular activities will show a commitment, continuity of participation and contribution in all activities
- Methods of how the different colleges like this information conveyed will be addressed
Submitting College Applications:
- Up to date admission requirements are researched and explained
- Trouble spots are identified and improved
- All of the student’s applications are reviewed thoroughly. The college application review consists of polishing essays, the activity resume as well as additional supplementary materials
Submission of Test Scores:
Review and submit scores from either SAT/SAT II/ACT
Final College Selection:
- After the applications are submitted, college counselors provide strategic tips on proper ways to show expressed interest as this can be a crucial component in the college admissions process
- Once acceptances are received, students and parents are guided in making their final decision
- College visits are encouraged and planned
- We provide a list of suggested questions and tips to use while touring schools
- A thorough list of possible interview questions is provided, so that the student knows approximately what questions to expect and how to best answer them
- A list of questions to ask the interviewer is provided
- Students feel more comfortable during college interviews and make an excellent impression on college admission representatives
Letters of Recommendation:
- Work with student on who to ask, how to best approach their teachers and counselors and what to provide each writer
- Assist students in providing personal information, which helps the teachers and counselors write more effective letters of recommendation
- Help obtain letters from people outside the school environment as potential supplementary recommendation letters